Thursday, June 01, 2006

So I get another Thursday tomorrow, right?

Apparently when you are prone to seizures, every time you get sick your threshold is lowered and you are more likely to have a breakthrough seizure. Easy to read, shitty to experience at 7 and 9 in the morning after a long sleepless night. So we got to spend the morning at Primary Children's again, where for probably the first time ever the doctor heard someone cheer when they announced "Your kid has strep." Hurray! This is very reassuring; this is the first time we've had a reason for a seizure. So his anti-seizure meds stay the same, and we add some antibiotics to the mix for the next ten days, and we start the X days since the last seizure clock again. I was hugely upset this morning-we had been doing so well-but the monkey and I curled up on the couch together and took a long nap and are both feeling a lot better.
But all this does lead to my missing day. I honestly did not get a single thing done off my list today. Nothing. I barely got dressed. So I'm going to need to schedule a make-up day, to catch up with myself.
Meh, who am I kidding? I know I would just lay around knitting.

On a more cheerful note, broccoflower is really beautiful.













It looks like fractals up close. I am such a geek.

2 comments:

Stitch-n-Snitch said...

What a day! Hope the Monkey feels better soon (and you get another Thursday). :)

Anonymous said...

looks sort of like a nautilus...sort of