Saturday, June 03, 2006

Lace

I'm up waaaaaay too late tonight, but I was really on a roll with the Shetland Tea Shawl and didn't notice the time creeping by. Marc is reading, which quite effectively removes him from the realm of this earth's time too. No matter, I finished the second block of lace patterning (the horseshoe design, to be exact) on the shawl and am zipping along on yet another increase row. Possibly the last increase actually, but the book is all the way over on the coffee table-much too far to check. The rows are about to get twice as long but I think I'm going to be finished with this a lot sooner than previously anticipated. Something about frequent stress and knitting to pull myself together...
I waffle between being afraid of running out of yarn early and worrying that it will turn out too small. I could probably do some complicated math to determine actual number of stitches done vs. remaining stitches as well as comparing weight of remaining ball of yarn with knit yarn. But that is going to have to wait until at least tomorrow. Enjoy your weekend everyone.

No comments: