Monday, April 16, 2007

Striped Socks

Finished!
The first pair of socks actually knit for me! Some simple ribbed socks, with a cute little cable down one side. Knit from a ball of Opal that the fabulous Margene gave me when I left Utah for parts unknown. Short row heal brought to you by an exquisite tutorial from Misocrafty. These socks have been a security blanket for months now, being carried everywhere as the perfect "just in case" project. I'd better start some more socks pronto.


So now that these are photographed and posted I can pack them away with the lavender I picked last summer, because wool sock season has passed me by.

2 comments:

margene said...

They look fabulous! Hopefully they'll last you years;-)

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about socks! They are so comforting somehow.