Thursday, October 18, 2007

Rain

Being right on the coast, we don't get very many tornadoes here- it's hard to get the right weather conditions for that kind of storm to occur. But this morning there was one that touched down in what passes as a city around here, and we had warnings until noon that included sirens and my weather radio freaking out. Yikes. Of course, this all happens an hour after Monkey got to school and Lawyerboy had left for a law conference in Atlanta.
Please bear in mind that I am not accustomed to this kind of precipitation crazy-ness. Before I got here I had lived in Utah for 9 years, where rain is so infrequent that spilling your drink counts as measurable precipitation.
So it was just me and the shawl sitting in my hallway with all doors closed. Obviously I didn't get sucked away to Oz, but I did get another row done on Adamas.
It's hard to take pictures of rain and give a good representation of how heavy and fast it is coming down, but this will give you a pretty good idea.

1 comment:

margene said...

That's an amazing amount of rain! Hope you dry out soon.