Sunday, December 10, 2006

Stupid Cheetos...

You know, Christmas is getting close. I'm running out of time to screw around and knit non-gift stuff. I've even hung up my sock for the time being (after doing a really cool short row heal thanks to the fabulous advice from Misocrafty and the Knitting Fiend). So when I screw something up and waste a day, I am rather frustrated. I started a quick hat for my Monkey today. I want to give him something that isn't silly and last minute; we probably will still be in temp housing on base on Christmas, and that doesn't really lead to a festive atmosphere. I think. This is all new to me, I'm literally making up what it is going to be like in my head.
Anyway, started a cute easy hat for him while riding to the Train museum today, while watching him play in the Thomas exhibit, while riding the Santa Express train. And I was just not happy with my stripes. All wrong, somehow. Damnit. After ripping multiple times, but not as far back as really needed it, I cast off the cursed three inches and called it a headband. Enjoy it, Mom, but please don't wear it tomorrow, I don't really want to look at it right now.
Also, the bag of chips I confiscated from the monkey are kind of stale. Or perhaps that is how baked Cheetos are supposed to taste.
Why don't I ever knit something chunky?
I did figure out a jogless stripe though, desperately thinking back to reading instructions in Knitty maybe a year ago.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I noticed that you changed your location to "drifting in CA". Any chance your husband is stationed at Edwards?

I'm not a crazy stalker...I cruise the ewetah knits ring regularly - there are so many talented knitters in it. I also work at Edwards (and of course live in the area) and just the thought of a knitter near by makes me jump for joy.

erin said...

Actually, we are going to be stationed at Hurlburt Field in Florida. I'm just in California while he's TDY before we PCS to Florida.
I wish I was closer to Edwards now though, it would be cool to meet before I move (but I'm all the way up by Sacramento).