Thursday, July 13, 2006

Where have I been anyway?

Today I got up and actually got things done from my list, amazingly enough. I haven't been sick for a couple of days, but it really took me a while to get back on my feet. It feels like I've been laying around for weeks, getting nothing done. And while nothing is a bit of an exaggeration, it only just barely falls into exaggeration territory. I've been staying afloat and nothing more. But today has seen the bathroom and kitchen cleaned, the house vacuumed, and jam made, and it's only half past noon. Behold the beauty of the jam!
Apricot-Pineapple! Apricots from the trees in my in-laws backyard, and pineapple from... Indonesia, according to the label on the can. Global economy at its most delicious! It does seem a little silly to be making jam though, as our move out of our deluxe apartment in the sky looms close in my mind (still a month and a half away, but I'm really dreading the thought). Since the Air Force has not yet decided to send Marc to Japan, we have to make other plans. Currently that means moving in the with in-laws at the end of August, and staying there until mid-October when Marc goes to Maxwell AFB and I float to California. I love Marc's family but still feeling apprehensive and sad about the move. It feels like one more useless step between us and whatever the future holds.
Wow, I had no intention of unloading like this today, I really meant this to be a positive post. I guess what is really there is oozing through my cracks more than I thought.

2 comments:

knittykat said...

That jam looks DELICOUS!!!

Hang in there, you'll make it through. Hugs to you & yours :-)

Stitch-n-Snitch said...

Living with in-laws--even the great ones--is never fun. We had to move in with my fantastic (I really do mean that) in-laws when our apartment managers kicked us out for the Olympics. I was 8 months pregnant with DV#1 and not due for another 4 weeks, but I went into labor 4 days after the move. My MIL was a great help, but it was stressful to have to be sharing an apartment during my recovery and adjustment period. Good luck when the military decides where to stick you! :)