Monday, July 17, 2006

Dry those eyes!

I just finished reading Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitting Without Tears. My goodness she is a hoot. I will probably not use any of her sweater patterns anytime soon--I fear no seams and think set-in sleeves look best, but her overall knitting advice is very sound and practical. And again, she is hilarious. Best quote:

Really, all you need to become a good knitter are wool, needles, hands, and slightly below-average intelligence. Of course superior intelligence, such as yours and mine, is an advantage.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh, EZ is just the best. I keep re-reading her books every few years. Superior intelligence, indeed - well, it's nice that she thinks so!

--a sister Amazing Lacer

Katherine Of It All said...

FEAR NO SEAMS. Good new mantra.

knittykat said...

You might also like Maggie Righetti, she also has a heck of a lot of sass :-)