Thursday, April 17, 2008

Knit a sweater in Nocembruary/D is for...

Lawyerboy has been out of town for a while now with the Air Force, so picture taking of my best finished object has been rather slow in coming. I had my doubts that the Monkey would take a decent picture, so I pulled out the tripod and did it myself.
Twist is finally finished! So much for knitting a sweater in November. I did finish back in February though.


The pattern is fantastic and translates well to knitting in the round. My only complaint is the hood-it is square and the back pokes out in a manner reminiscent of an elf. Ever lazy, I tucked the point in and sewed it closed.
I am delighted with how versatile the wool is, comfortable at a large range of temperatures. But the Pattons Classic Wool pills like a mofo. I'll now get to see how well those Sweater Stones work.

Today is also brought to you by the letter D, weeks behind. D is for Dog, our sweet little pound puppy Molly. She is nearly a year old and has has the sweetest face ever. I visited her 4 times before the shelter would let me take her home, suspicious because I have never owned a dog before.

It has been intriguing (and a little sad when I think about it too much) to watch her personality emerge. When I met her she was very calm and still. I thought she must be mixed with something that didn't have the perky beagle-tail, as hers just hung behind her. Now she is joyful, energetic and affectionate, with her tail standing up when she runs. Now she is only sedate when she is really tired-apparently she was constantly exhausted in the shelter. She would submit immediately to all dogs at first; she was obviously the lowest dog of the group in her kennel. Now she walks proudly and is social with other dogs, sniffing them instead of dropping to the ground. It is sad to think how hard her life was before she came home with us, but it makes me very happy to see her comfortable and loved in our pack.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great sweater!

And what a sweetie your dog is.