Friday, June 15, 2007

Opportunity

please do not look too closely at my nasty grout
Recently I was suckered into offered the opportunity to become one of the leaders of our church Young Women's group. As much as the thought scared the crap out of me, I accepted anyway and am having a surprisingly good time. And the nice part of being in charge you make the decisions about what activities to do. So when I have a pet project come to mind, I can just set the minions girls on it. Recently I heard that Skip to My Lou was collecting tiny blankets to send to China with her nephew. He is traveling there with Hope's Heart in order to work in three orphanages. So I bought some fantastic fuzzy flannel and some satin, and in one short evening of music and pizza rolls we cranked out 12 little blankies. I got them in the mail that night, and at the end of the month they will be on their way to China.

3 comments:

Stitch-n-Snitch said...

What a great idea, and kudos to you for having the girls help you out! :)

Anonymous said...

Good for you!

How big are the blankies? They're for lovies, right? What a nice idea to give the abandoned kids something to comfort themselves with.

Marisa said...

These are adorable! So sweet, and cute colors. Sounds like they will have a long journey.