Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Oww.

Because I don't have enough going on in my life right now, today the universe conspired with a 16 year old driver and I got hit by a car while riding my bike to the gym.
Stupid freaking cages.*
I ended up on her hood (then flying back onto the ground) while my poor bike ended up under her tire. We (the bike and I) were lucky; I so far only have some scratching and bruises, and the bike is looking pretty awesome with her new bad-ass black front tire (the front tire frame was taco'd) and a tune up since everything was out of wack from being hit.
I declined a trip to the hospital; we were up there with the Monkey last week and I'm sure they are getting tired of me. I'll re-evaluate the knee tomorrow.

*Be the first to name that literary reference and I've got a prize for you, no jokes.

4 comments:

margene said...

Oh no! So thankful you are safe and hope the knee is good. Hope the monkey is doing well, too. Take care!!!!

David said...

Why do people not see bicycles? I'm glad to hear you made it out in one piece. It really makes you feel hopeless, though; you try to make a difference by riding a bike and end up on someone's hood. Then again, maybe I'm just bitter.

susan said...

Wow, what a scare. If you need a new helmet, you can get them at cost from Robert DeBry (the personal injury lawyer). At least you could a couple of years ago.

Heather Joins the Round said...

Wheew! I'm so glad you're alright.