Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Oww.

Because I don't have enough going on in my life right now, today the universe conspired with a 16 year old driver and I got hit by a car while riding my bike to the gym.
Stupid freaking cages.*
I ended up on her hood (then flying back onto the ground) while my poor bike ended up under her tire. We (the bike and I) were lucky; I so far only have some scratching and bruises, and the bike is looking pretty awesome with her new bad-ass black front tire (the front tire frame was taco'd) and a tune up since everything was out of wack from being hit.
I declined a trip to the hospital; we were up there with the Monkey last week and I'm sure they are getting tired of me. I'll re-evaluate the knee tomorrow.

*Be the first to name that literary reference and I've got a prize for you, no jokes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do people not see bicycles? I'm glad to hear you made it out in one piece. It really makes you feel hopeless, though; you try to make a difference by riding a bike and end up on someone's hood. Then again, maybe I'm just bitter.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a scare. If you need a new helmet, you can get them at cost from Robert DeBry (the personal injury lawyer). At least you could a couple of years ago.

Heather Joins the Round said...

Wheew! I'm so glad you're alright.