Friday, March 05, 2010

Pants

The winter here has outlasted Monkey's wardrobe: he split huge holes in the knees of two pair pants last week, one completely un-repairable. Early March should have high temperatures in the low 70s here, not the 40s. If he were better with a zipper fly I'd have replaced them easily, but it seems this is not the time of year for elastic waist pants.


Lucky for his cold naked butt I'm crafty.

I dug around in my stash and was a little embarrassed to find a huge baggy pair of khaki overalls. Where did they come from? I'm not the overall-wearing type. How long have I been dragging them around? I've moved 3 times in the last 3 1/2 years, did I move these too?




Whatever, they had great pockets and plenty of fabric. A big cargo pocket was ripped off and relocated to cover a stain on the left leg.
A pocket which you could see if he would ever hold still...
Playing in the backyard today has already made the stain-covering job seem a little unnecessary.



I was able to cut them out using the existing outer seams, preserving the nifty little side pocket too. So thank you, mysterious contributor of ancient overalls!

2 comments:

Stitch-n-Snitch said...

Awesome!!! :)

Erin said...

I think it is funny you have a random pair of overalls you have kept with you for years. You did an awesome job reworking them!