Thursday, November 20, 2008

I can has mood swings?

Today while on the webcam with Lawyerguy he told me a friend in the Pentagon (I know, WEIRD) called him to say that his new orders just cleared, and next summer we are PCSing to Kadena AFB in Okinawa.
Since then I have accomplished absolutely nothing.
I am really really really excited; years ago Lawyerguy and I spent a summer in Japan on a study abroad trip and I loved the country. I think about it all the time. My kid has grown up on a steady diet of onigiri and My Neighbor Totoro (um, not that he is eating Totoro. That came out weird.) My sister took Monkey on the Finding Nemo ride at Epcot 3 or 4 times, just so I could run out to the Japan area. I was actually thinking about how much I would like to go back yesterday.

But just between you and me, I have a bit of a stomach ache. When my dad responded to my news with "Oh no!" it didn't help.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

May I recommend obsessive internet research as the (partial) cure for move-related anxiety?

Okinawa sounds fabulous! You're going to love it!

Shep's Blog said...

Yeah, mom and dad are just gonna miss you. But I am stoked to come visit you. Maybe we can get a Space A flight over when we move back to Boise.

Erin said...

Japan is so awesome. You are going to have a blast. At least you guys get to be together too. :)

Miriam said...

You are going to LOVE it! My sister lived there for a year with her kids and my parents went to visit while she was there, everyone just comes back amazed with Japan.

I have to admit I'm jealous, but I think the wee bit of woe is just because it IS so different. The Japanese people are so accommodating though, that I don't think it will take you long to feel right at home.

shelley said...

Ya te heh! How cool!

Life is an adventure and you'll be having one in Japan!

(Said easier by an Auntie than a Mom!)