Tuesday, January 23, 2007

What can I wear that makes me look not nervous...

Being newly covered by actual dental insurance, in a few hours Monkey will find himself at a babysitters for the first time ever and I won't even get to enjoy my time alone. This has created more than a small amount of anxiety (though whether it is more about the teeth or the babysitter is unclear) and I just keep sitting here thinking I'd rather be going to see the gyno.

Believe me, simply brushing your teeth 3 or 4 times a day does not prevent cavities. This is remarkably unfair.

I wonder if I can lay in the chair and work on my current sock?

2 comments:

Katherine Of It All said...

Cavities are SO unfair. Ask a person such as moi who has brushed, flossed, and swished twice a day for YEARS, and still gets cavities.

Anonymous said...

The dentist makes me nervous, too. I always ask for the hygenist who's best for people who are deathly afraid, book a dentist with TV, and ask them to use that sonic thing instead of the scraper. I still hate it, though.

Could you ask your babysitter to stay an extra half hour or hour so you can take a walk on the beach or have coffee or something for a bit before heading home? You're a hero for going to the dentist and you deserve a little time to yourself afterwards!